- Rates & Availability (Click here for more details)
- Standard rate of €2,800 per week plus €150 cleaning fee. Monthly and long term rates available.
- Address: 107 Rue André Theuriet, 74290 Talloires-Montmin, France
- Owner Contact Details: Catherine Berry email@example.com +61 (0) 435 149 446 (english and french speaking)
- 4 Bedrooms. Two with queen size beds and two with two single beds
- 3 Bath/Shower rooms
- 1 Kitchen with stove, oven, refrigerator, microwave, pots, plates, cutlery
- Washing machine & dryer
- Iron and Ironing board
- Enclosed back yard
- TV, DVD/Blu Ray Player
- Ipod Dock
In The Village
- Bakery: There is a bakery in town. Wander up Rue André Theuriet, the bakery (Le Fournil de mon Père) is in the second street on your right. Open 7h30 – 16h Tues – Sat, 8h – 14h Sun. Closed Mon.
- Supermarket: A 8 à 8 is located in the main town square. Open 8 – 12h30 and 15h30 – 19h30 every day. Note: it is closed in the middle of the day.
- Mon – La Clusaz,
- Tues – Annecy,
- Wed – Faverges & Annecy-le-Vieux,
- Thurs – Albertville,
- Sat – Thônes
- Marché de Noël – Talloires at the beginning of December.
- Cinema: Tuesdays at 20h30 (Tues and Thurs during July and August) underneath the 8 à 8 supermarket. Entry 5 euro.
- La Poste: Rue André Theuriet (on the way to the bakery and supermarket). Open 9h – 12h every morning (except Sunday) plus some afternoons depending on the time of year.
- Church: The Eglise Saint-Maurice is next to Le café de la Place. Mass time on Sunday is 9h30. Check beforehand.
- Bus and Ferry Services:
- In the summer there is a free bus service that stops at a number of local sights.
- On the main road you can catch a bus to and from Annecy or any other of the small towns around the lake or in the mountains. Use this link to find a service that suits your needs.
- Ferry service: From mid April to mid September a ferry will stop in Talloires several times per day. This will enable you to see the lake from a different perspective. You can also choose to get off and visit other villages around the lake rejoining a later service with the one ticket. Check departure details at the landing point on the lake or click this link.
- La Plage (The beach): Note that the beach is a paid beach (adults around 2 euro 30 and children around 1 euro 20) between 21 June and 30 August. It is usually cheaper after 5.30pm. At other times of the year entry is free. There are other beaches in either direction (Angon and Menthon-St-Bernard) if you want to try out different spots around the lake.
- Water Skiing: Brochures for the many activities in the area have been left in the metal cabinet in the living room for your perusal; however we would strongly recommend water-skiing with Geraldine or her husband Lionel at Blue Wake. They are delightful, speak French and English and are brilliant with all skill levels. They can also just take you on a tour of the lake. The contact number is 06 65 51 77 49. Click this link for more details.
- Restaurants: There are many restaurants in Talloires and they vary from simple cafe/bistro style to Michelin star quality. They are not all open all year and so you will need to check and they are often busy so its best to book. Click here for a listing of some in Talloires or here for Menthon St Bernard.
Other Matters and Useful Links
- Doctors: There is a doctor in town and in the neighbouring town of Menthon St Bernard. Their details are as follows:
- Docteur Jean FAVROT. 20 Place du Lavoir (off Rue André Theuriet, near 8 à 8 supermarket), tél. : 0450607021 (8H to12H30 and then13H30 to 20 hours.
- Docteur Claudine CHAUCHEFOIN. Place de Presles (on main road back into Annecy corner Route de la Plage) Menthon-Saint-Bernard 04 50 66 82 28.
- Dentist: The nearest dentist is in Menthon.
- Cabinet BALLEYDIER/ROGER. 28 Route des Bains, 74290 Menthon-Saint-Bernard. 04 50 60 14 03.
- Hospital: The Annecy emergency hospital is located at 1 Avenue de l’Hôpital, Metz-Tessy. 04 5063 63 63.